Ho boy. Where do I start...

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Catherine's Farewell

On Thursday, the urban family went to Greg's apartment (all 350 sq. feet of it) to give our "little sis" a proper send-off. Translation: we got sufficiently tanked.

While husband and wife duo, Jen and Rob, took off at a somewhat respectable hour, the remaining three of us stayed up until 4 am. Real smart considering we had to get up at 5 am to go to the airport. Greg and I were so tired, neither of us even bothered to change from our pajamas!

After seeing Catherine off, Greg and I went back to his place to get in a nap before work. Great plan. I managed to sleep through a phone call and two text messages, Greg's alarm clock, him getting dressed and leaving, and my OWN alarm clock. I woke up in a panic at 9:15 to an empty apartment, STILL buzzed, and over an hour away from work - the result being a trip to the office resembling a game of Pole Position.

A few "take-aways" from this experience:

  1. Catherine, the next time you decide to move out of the country, book a flight on a SATURDAY or SUNDAY morning.
  2. Melanie, there is a reason the last time you went anywhere in public without a bra was when you were ten. No matter how drunk or tired you are, before heading out the door ALWAYS put a bra on under your nightshirt.
  3. Greg, no matter how "peaceful" I may look sleeping sprawled across your bed like a starfish, as a friend, please kick me out.
  4. For the rest of you, if you were ever curious, I could TOTALLY qualify for the Indy 500.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie, you did indeed make it to the office at a very impressive hour. I saw you from my cube, which is four feet away from yours.

Except, I seem to recall you expertly using: "I had to drop my friend off at the airport," as the explanation for your tardiness and lack of bra... as opposed to what I now know would be the more accurate: "I was tanked. I'm still drunk now. Is the room spinning?"

4:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home