Ho boy. Where do I start...

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Wait… Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young are Liberals?!?!

While out with the urban family (minus one) on Saturday, Rob got a call from his friend Mike. It seems that Mike knows a guy who works at the Nissan Pavilion so he was able to score some free tickets for Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

The last concert I attended at Nissan was Journey/Def Leppard. Rob and his friend Joey didn’t have tickets, yet the two of them NOT ONLY managed to sneak in to the show, but they also got BACKSTAGE PASSES. Want to know how they pulled it off? They simply told someone at the door they were roadies. I never knew it was that easy.

Needless to say, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to catch another show with a fun group of people despite the fact I’m not a huge fan of CSNY. Apparently I’m not the only one. Remember Mike? The one who GOT THE TICKETS? While they belted out songs like “Flags of Freedom” and “Find the Cost of Freedom” as images of fallen soldiers from Iraq flashed across gigantic screens, Mike’s jaw dropped. He and his friends got in QUITE an uproar. Now, I did say that I’m not a “huge” fan, but at least I know their music!

And now for a short skit approximating what transpired…

Mike: What’s up with all this anti-war BS? Can’t they just play their music without some political agenda?!?!
Mel: Ummmmmm… You do know that they were at the forefront of protest music in the late 60’s and early 70’s, right?
Mike: No. Wait, I thought they sang “Southern Cross”.
Mel: Yeah, but they are also known for songs like “Ohio”.

::: Mike stares blankly :::

Mel: It’s about the Kent State Massacre...
Mike’s Militant Friend: Had I been in the Guard back then, we would’a got more than four!

::: Mel stares blankly :::

Mike: So… they’re Liberals???
Mel: The concert is called “The Freedom of Speech Tour”! Crosby fathered Melissa Ethridge’s lesbian baby!
Mike: Well, I knew about both of those.
Mel: And none of that tipped you off?

::: CSNY starts to sing “Impeach the President”:::

Mike and Friends: THAT’S IT. We’re outta here!!!

As they all stormed out of the show, I thought to myself, if ANYONE would end up at a CSNY concert with a pack of UBER-CONSERVATIVE Republicans, it’d be ME. Ah well. I’m a Republican, but I respect other people’s opinion and I SURE AS HECK was sticking around to keep on rockin’ the free world!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

Hey Mel! Thanks for leaving a comment about Anna Kathryn. I have two Blogger blogs now too.

I've been wondering how you were getting along in DC. Sounds like you are having a great time.

Let us know when you head down to BR for some games.

Geaux Tigers!

9:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home