Ho boy. Where do I start...

Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Queer Queens of Comedy

The thing I love most about this city is the fact that, on any given night, there are over 500 different choices for entertainment. AT LEAST.

Last Friday, options were endless for a fun night out with my friend Claudine. We decided to catch some stand-up at one of the many comedy clubs in the area. While perusing the listings, Claudine happened upon a show that had our interest peaked. “The Queer Queens of Comedy? I bet it’s some sort of act with drag queens!” The two of us were reeling at the just the THOUGHT of trannie comics, so off we went.

Yeah… It turned out the “Queer Queens of Comedy” were all lesbians. Claudine and I were the only two girls in the theater who weren’t on a “date”. Yup. It was about 500 extraordinarily butch women and US. Once again, I managed to throw myself into an incredibly odd situation. (Not that going to see drag queen comics WOULDN’T have been “odd”, just less awkward for two heterosexual girls.)

Of course, we ended up having a blast. The comediennes were great, but half their jokes didn’t apply to us so we started making our own. When the headliner started to tell political jokes bashing BUSH, I thought I was going to die laughing. I’ll leave it to your imagination what was said about THAT under our breath.

Ya gots ta luv de ladies!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing about this one.

1:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home