Ho boy. Where do I start...

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Jamestown or Bust

On Sunday, my friend JB and I decided to go to Jamestown for the 400 year anniversary of the first American settlement. The three day celebration culminated with a visit from the President and a patriotic concert complete with fireworks, a 400 piece symphony, and a 1,607 member chorus. The show was amazing and I am so glad I was able to participate in such a historic event.

I can't help but imagine the arduous journey John Smith and the other settlers made before finally landing at Jamestown and meeting Pocahontas. Shoot, I know we had our OWN struggle getting there. Let me just put it this way - two flat tires, no spare. We spent two hours waiting for a tow truck and another two hours getting new tires at Pep Boys. But like the first Americans, we were determined to reach our destination.

Here's to all the brave men and women (and their misadventures) who helped shape this grand country of ours. God bless America!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hateful, Party of One said...

You gotta love that BUsh said the queen was 200 yrs old.

8:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home