Ho boy. Where do I start...

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Coming to a Close

In exactly seven days, I have managed to:

  • end a nine month quasi-dating relationship
  • buy my first home
  • move
  • fly to Baton Rouge to help my mother celebrate her birthday
  • attend Sheila's wedding in Jackson, Mississippi

All that, and I only missed two days of work.

(As a side note, you might find it interesting that I caught the bride's bouquet. Well, more like it hit me square in the chest. Since that means I'll be "next," either the rest of the girls at her wedding will die old maids or I'll have to lift my dating moratorium.)

While closing on my condo was an exciting and empowering experience, I must admit that I am more relieved that the week itself has come to a close!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you, Melanie! I can't believe you did all that in a week! You are an amazing woman! Are you hiding a cape under there? :)

BTW, I had a BLAST with you! Thank you so much for taking me! That was so much fun! And we successfully avoided dancing to "Brown-eyed Girl"! Ya know, that day probably deserves a blog entry of it's own. Here's a few talking points:
* Showing up at the wrong church
* Yelling "Hell Yeah!" at getting the door open at the church...right into a prayer meeting
* Me changing clothes in a classroom
* Fondue chocolate
* The band that didn't know any Rob Zombie (Zombie..comma..Rob)
* Finding the game room and playing a fabulous round of billiards

And I'm sure there are several more, but I really had a great time with you, Mel. That's why I luv ya so much! :) It was really great to see you. I can't wait until our next (mis)adventure! :)

10:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home