Ho boy. Where do I start...

Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Man Who Came to Dinner

In the midst of packing and making final arrangements for the closing on my condo, my on-again/off-again dating relationship with the Banker OFFICIALLY "closed" this weekend. It was bound so happen. The feelings just weren't there.

In other news, my friend Walter was in DC for a few days on business. Although I have known Walt for over 18 years, we are really bad at keeping in touch. Years will go by with nothing more than a few emails. But, whenever we finally do catch up with each other, we pick up as though not a day has passed.

We met Thursday night for dinner and drinks in Georgetown. As always, we had a ball together. It was one of those evening where you wished it didn't have to end. It was so nice to spend time with someone who has known me so long, they almost know me better than I know myself.

Between my night out with Walter and the end of a casual dating relationship that spanned nine months, I've had a revelation. I HATE DATING. Hate it. I know the whole "getting to know you" stage should be exciting, but for me it is such a chore.

I have done quite a bit of reflecting on the matter and have resigned myself to quit dating all together. I'm quite happy staying single and going on meaningful "dates" with people who truly understand me, my friends.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, wanna go on a date this Saturday? :)

1:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said it yourself, Mel. That whole dating thing with Jeremy was a misadventure. I hate to say it, but I am glad to see you call it quits. It was past due. There are some things you can't fix.

I agree that dating is exhausting. Don't be discouraged though!

8:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does he have the link to your blog? I think you once mentioned he did. Hi Jeremy. I never liked you. I gave Melanie a high five when I heard the news. True story.

Melanie you can't give up dating. You'll miss out on opportunities like that concert with the guy who wanted to settle down on a farm, immediately.

12:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take a break from dating. You gotta want it. Until then, just relax and have fun with your friends.

8:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you've had such crappy experiences. But I feel your pain. It's a lot like trying to find a job. Ya gotta get all dressed up, make a good impression, and just hope that the other person likes you enough to want a second interview (date). If you're like me, ya get all worked up and stressed. Sometimes, it's just not worth it. But sometimes, it is. In my case, I have to have hope. Hope that there are still some women out there that haven't been messed over by Mr. Jerk, Mr. Self-consumed, Mr. Whatever. I have to believe that there's still a chance for us nerdy, geeky guys out there. Don't give up on us all, Mel. Not all of us are idiots. Well, okay, most of us are, but you get my point. Melanie, you are a wonderful, beautiful woman. Any man should be thanking his lucky stars to go out with you. Take a breather, if you must. But don't quit. :)

10:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home