Ho boy. Where do I start...

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Well, Blow Me Down!

Mentioned in my previous entry, my mother's birthday was this past weekend. A few weeks ago I took a glassblowing lesson, so as a gift I gave her the bowl I made in class. While at her birthday dinner at Maison Lacour, a fine French restaurant in Baton Rouge, I thought about how things have come full circle...

A little over two years ago at that SAME restaurant I first mentioned my interest in glassblowing. Upon hearing this, my father remarked, "I dunno Melanie. You've got to be good at blowing to do that. Are you good at blowing?" Before my father realized how that sounded, I cringed and my mother gasped in shock. "Um... I mean... with your asthma and... you need good lung function... err." Yeah, there is no recovering from that comment. It wouldn't have been that bad were we not at dinner with my ex-boyfriend, his PARENTS and GRANDMOTHER.

To answer your question Dad, yes. As evidenced by the quality of my bowl, I am good at blowing. And to this day, when I think of that moment, I still feel like "blowing" my brains out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did your ex-boyfriend have a big grin on his face? LOL!


I wouldn't worry about it...just blow it off...HAHAHAHAHA!!! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

But it IS a beautiful bowl, Mel. You did great on it. :)

10:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home