Ho boy. Where do I start...

Monday, February 05, 2007

I'll be home for Christmas?

Things were hectic after I got back from my BVI vacation. I had a lot of work to catch up on, shopping to do, bills to settle, cleaning, unpacking from one trip and packing for another - all in the span of two weeks.

I managed to cram everything in, but my head was still in a spin as I tried to tie up any last-minute loose ends before Jen and Rob picked me up for the airport. I had all bags lined up near the door and Norton was caged and ready to go. The last thing I had to do was take out the garbage. I grabbed the bag, pulled the door shut, and - before I even took that first step - realized that I locked the door behind me with MY KEYS LEFT INSIDE.

I would have surely missed my plane had it not been for Jen. She whipped out a credit card, went to work on my lock, and managed to pop it in less than a minute. Oh yeah... she's ready for kids. :-D

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taught all the schmedlets that trick long ago. It don't work on a deadbolt.

As an old locksmith told me long ago, "Remember 2 things: locks keep out the honest people, and NEVER lock a convertible."

2:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to have friends with unique talents, isn't it?

BTW, I love the new profile picture of you and Norton! Awesome! :)

12:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home