Ho boy. Where do I start...

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Jane Austen sure does get a party started

I love going to concerts. Even better is the building anticipation and excitement that comes before the show.

Monday night, I met Greg at his apartment before heading to see singer/songwriter Kat Parsons. Each of us was throwing different CDs into his stereo to help get us psyched for the show. I put on Peter Gabriel’s Hits and was quickly rebuffed by Greg. “I’m sorry Mel, but I really need to listen to something more upbeat.”

Apparently the music GENIUS who brought us songs such as “Solsbury Hill”, “The Rhythm of the Heat”, “Shock the Monkey”, “Sledgehammer”, and “Big Time” doesn’t stir the soul into a pre-show frenzy. At least, that is, not as much as the INSTRUMENTAL MOVEMENTS from the major motion picture SOUNDTRACK TO EMMA.

I don’t know what Greg was thinking. I love Jane Austen and the music from her time, but I would hardly say she rocks more than Peter Gabriel. Although the music was lovely, it wasn't exactly effective in setting the mood for the show. While watching Kat perform, I started to crave tea biscuits.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg's just not right ...

8:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know what's funnier: the fact that Greg actually put this soundtrack on in the presence of others or the fact that he owns it!

4:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel, long time no talk. You've done it once again! Ur blog entries r always so funny. Glad to see Im not the only anon person 2 shy 2 post. I'll send u a Email. Had 2 let u know Im still reading. Miss u!

4:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It could have been worse. They could have played that soundtrack at the venue right before the show.

BTW Tisha says hi and we both love you. Hope to see you again soon. Is getting to the point where it has been too long. (For me anyway, Tisha saw you not too long ago) :)

12:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least he wasn't juggling incontinent chickens!!!

4:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg loves juggling incontinent chickens like a pig love corn! ;-)

10:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emma? are you kidding me? and what does emma have to do with chickens?

12:42 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

I have NO IDEA what "incontinent chickens" has to do with Emma. You "anonymous" folks kill me! Greg DOES actually juggle, but he steers clear of farm animals.

I'll have to try to work more misadventure with Greg into my blog. He is ENDLESSLY entertaining, isn't he? :-D

3:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He certainly is ...

9:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All incontinent chickens are named Emma.

9:37 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

With each incontinent chicken comment, y'all are making Greg seem more normal by the minute. heh heh heh.

10:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet the chicken's love him!

10:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have never known romance, if you haven't experienced the love of an incontinent chicken!!!

7:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home