Ho boy. Where do I start...

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Burn Baby Burn

I attempted to boil my face off yesterday while at work.

While filling scalding hot water into a cup to make cocoa, the cup slipped and some water splashed out on my hand. As a reaction, I dropped the cup, which hit the counter and doused me with water. My entire face was bright red, but the skin around my chin, lips, and eyes got burned the worst. It sent my coworkers into quite a panic. After running my head under cold water for half an hour, an ice compress did the trick. When all was said and done, my pride was damaged far worse than my face.

Of course, I couldn't have pulled this stunt last week when practically everyone was out of the office. Oh, no. I had to wait until half the executive team from headquarters came in for a visit. Leave it to me to make a big impression!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUCH!! I'm so sorry you got burned. :(

Look, you can't MAKE fondue chocolate! It's just one of those things...

I just keep thinking about that guy dipping his ENTIRE CUP into the chocolate and making that big nasty dripping mess...and his wife just about reaming him a new one about it! At least we used spoons! We drink fondue chocolate with class!! LOL!

I hope you heal up soon, hon! :)

9:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home