Ho boy. Where do I start...

Friday, September 22, 2006

Double the Fun

I met Claudine and Amanda last Saturday to watch the LSU-Auburn game. Although my Tigers suffered a loss, Claudine and I managed to win two guys' affection.

When we first arrived, a University of Miami fan grabbed me to chat about the upcoming game and my team. Since Claudine and I had just been to Miami, we had plenty fodder for conversation with he and his friend. After the game, the fellahs caught up with us and asked us to join them for drinks. Since we had a girls night planned, we declined, but instead agreed to meet them on Tuesday for happy hour.

As I exited the metro Tuesday after work, I get a panicked call from Claudine saying she was at the bar, but couldn’t remember exactly what the guys looked like. “They were wearing ball caps and sports gear. All these guys are clean shaven and in suits!” I was able to come to her rescue, spotting our men almost as soon as I hit the door. We had been chatting with them for a good 15 minutes when I asked the Hurricane who Miami was playing this weekend. He gave me this quizzical look and shrugged. “I dunno, I really don’t follow football. Why?”

YEAH! Real smooth. I picked out the WRONG MEN!!! We excused ourselves and, thankfully, the right guys were able to track US down. Well, if things don’t work out with the Hurricane and his friend, Claudine and I can always call in the second string.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! Mel this reminds me of the time at Las Tapas you started talking to a woman you thought you knew from church. You were very friendly. After five minutes of talking, however, it turned out you were mistaken. It was not someone from church, and the woman didn't know who you were at all.

I bet she thought you were hitting on her. HA!

4:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*heart breaks*

3:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a wonder your girlz r single with all da guyz that u seem 2 pick up.

8:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred, I agree. SIGH!!!

9:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home