Ho boy. Where do I start...

Monday, September 25, 2006

He Better Grow Up to Love Whiskey

While watching the LSU-Tulane game Saturday, I met an Alum expecting a baby boy. I asked her if they had a name picked out. "John Daniel, after each of our fathers, but he'd go by Jack." Before I could stop myself, I blurted "Ohmygosh! You are SERIOUSLY naming your baby JACK DANIEL?!?!"

Maybe one day modern medicine will develop a cure for my foot-in-mouth disease. Until then, I can't help but wonder if this couple ever has another boy, will they name him James Beam? ...Of course, he'd go by Jim.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

> Maybe one day modern medicine will develop a cure for my foot-in-mouth disease.

Nah, it's funnier now. ;-)

9:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can do is :-) reading this one ;).

9:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear, some parents never say their childrens name out loud before settling on it.
My friends and I pass potential names around to see how easy they are to make fun of.

7:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...is that as bad as those names we discussed w/Amanda: Dick Hurt? Harry Palm? Pete Moss? Richard Richards?

8:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geesh, I forgot the funniest one! Dr. Harry C. Beaver who is, indeed, an OB/GYN. What else COULD he have been???

8:27 PM

 
Blogger Mel said...

CC - I think the funniest one yet is Kelly Green. ;-D

10:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brudda went to school with a guy whose REAL NAME is Jose Cuervo and I had a boss once whose husband's name was Johnny Walker.

But the funny thing is, there really was a dude named George Dickel.

5:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home