Ho boy. Where do I start...

Monday, September 03, 2007

Of All the Gin Joints, He Had to Walk Into Mine

I am one of eight organizers in a local supper club. One of my fellow organizers issued a warning email for us to keep an eye out on a certain member. It seems that this particular member was asking men at one of the dinners who the "rich women" were in the group. His member profile self exclaims he is "the right guy" and offers a $4,000 "bounty" for the person who introduces him to his future wife.

While out for drinks one night with Claudine, I told her how I was considering giving dating another shot. She replied, "Let me introduce you to 'the right guy' so I can collect that reward!" NOT EVEN ten minutes later, two men walk up to us at the bar. Upon introduction, I learned that the guy talking to me was non other than the INFAMOUS MEMBER we were JUST joking about. As if it isn't weird enough he entered our bar (out of ALL the bars in DC) and he approached me (out of ALL the women in the club), what makes it even stranger is that he had JUST been kicked out of the supper club THAT NIGHT after going to a dinner my close friend Gab was hosting!!!

Even more bizarre than the coincidence, was the gentleman himself. He told me that as a hobby he builds guns (I am picturing John Malkovich from In the Line of Fire). He asked me about my interests and I mentioned sailing. He replied that sailing is an expensive hobby. Upon hearing this comment, Claudine retorted with a devious grin, "Oh, this girl is LOADED. Mel doesn't have to worry about that! She is a widow. Her husband left her loads of cash!!!" You could see this guy's eyes light up. It was hilarious. Normally I don't lie to people, but a guy this money hungry deserved it.

He might be "the right guy," but I am not "the right girl." For now, I’m quite content being “the one who got away.” We left the bar laughing and wondering if he'll ever find his "rich woman" to marry. Heck, he has to pay that $4,000 reward somehow!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Readers: the bounty has now been upped to $5K. In the words of "the right guy":

"$5,000 Bounty Reward for finding me a wife! A US citizien is preferred, so don't send for one from out of the country, unless she is really really hot. I just want a nice woman, that is all I really want, but I am shallow, so she has to be hot."

1:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home